Monday, February 8, 2010

Sweet Baby A – Special Needs/Down Syndrome Photography

I really think I have found my true photography passion. Nothing has filled me up and made my heart smile as much as photographing beautiful children blessed with Down Syndrome. Their beautiful Angelic faces make me melt!!!!!!!

Sweet Baby A was all smiles as I walked in the door. Her beautiful smile was accompanied by a gentle wave.

Then I took out the camera and her expression changed. :) I think she tried hard not to smile for me, but I could see a curve of her mouth ready to smile as soon as she let her guard down! :)

She has such a sweet, gentle expression here. Don’t you just want to kiss those sweet little cheeks???

Blog1 Blog6

Even her pouts were cute!

Blog7

There is always so much comfort in mommy’s lap.

Blog3

I love gummy smiles!!!

Blog4

As hard as she tried to not smile for me, mommy and big brother tried that much harder to get her to smile. She could not help but laugh!!

Blog2

Your smiling right now, aren’t you? You just can’t help but smile with her!

Blog5

Sweet Baby A, you filled up my heart that day! I am so glad to have had a chance to photograph you. I can’t wait to see more of you!

(Check out more images of Sweet Baby A on my Facebook Fan Page)

6 comments:

Marissa Rodriguez said...

This is so sweet! You captured her smile so beautifully!

Tacey said...

Michelle! You are so special. Great job...So happy that you've truly found (and recognized) your passion...Mwah! Love you.

Michelle R. Slape said...

Marissa - isn't she just SOOOO SWEET that it gives you a toothache??? =)

Tacey - I really have found my heart's passion in this. Wonder why it took so long for me to realize it!!??? =)

Tara said...

You did a fantastic job! She's a doll! If you lived in Indy, I'd let you take some shots of my favorite little BOY with Down syndrome, my son! :) Have you ever seen the photography of Connie Wenk? She has a huge collection of her work with people with Ds.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, that girl is SO SWEET!!!! I just don't think I've seen a little one that cute and expressive (even the relaxed comfort with mom!) in a long time. They could not have chosen a more talented photographer :) I LOVE your work!
Lisa Kenning

Michelle R. Slape said...

Thank you, Tara!!!!! When I first told a friend (whose daughter also has DS (see Little Miss L post)) that I wanted to start specializing in special needs/down syndrome photography she told me about Conny Wenk. I love her work! I cried looking at her blog.

Lisa - Thanks so much for your sweet words!!!!!!! You made me day! :)